The Applied Laboratory Technician Certificate program prepares students to work in a variety of high demand laboratory careers. Our graduates will be able to work in manufacturing facilities such as chemical, pharmaceutical, food, or waste water treatment. At the facility they would monitor production processes or act as quality control technicians. Most laboratory technicians work on teams.
Other duties of an Applied Laboratory Technician may include adjusting process equipment to improve production efficiency and output, or collecting samples from production batches witch then are tested for impurities and other defects. Applied Laboratory Technicians also test product packaging to make sure it is well designed, durable, and will have a limited impact on the environment.
After completing the Applied Laboratory Technician Certificate Program, the student will be able to do the following:
- Monitor chemical processes and test the quality of products to make sure that they meet standards and specifications.
- Set up and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions.
- Conduct chemical and physical experiments, tests, and analysis for a variety of purposes.
- Compile results of tests and analysis.
*The American Chemical Society Publication Foundations for Excellence in the Chemical Process Industries. Voluntary Industry Standards for Chemical Process Industries Technical Workers will be the guide to the Blue Ridge Community and Technical College's Chemical Operator Technician Program.