Whether offering products, services or ideas, every successful organization is founded on basic business principles. Our business degree program exposes students to the theories and practices related to successful planning, communication, marketing, finance, human relations, and management. A business degree from Blue Ridge Community and Technical College is flexible—allowing students to tailor electives suited to personal and career goals while preparing you for employment.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business introduces students to foundational business theories and practices related to planning, communication, marketing, finance, human relations, and management. Students are exposed to the legal and ethical considerations impacting business today and develop effective communication, critical thinking and technical skills needed to success. The program allows students to focus on the track areas that best meet their personal and career goals while preparing for employment opportunities in administration, retail, finance, management, and entrepreneurship.
The goals of the degree program are to prepare graduates to:
- Apply business concepts to real work experiences.
- Understand the legal, ethical, and regulatory environments of business.
- Recognize the global impact on local business.
- Perform the basic business accounting and personal finance functions.
- Develop data driven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Work as part of a team.
- Understand the responsibilities of management.
- Present a professional business image.
The business arena offers one of the broadest ranges of employment opportunities available. Graduates can be eligible for positions in administration, retail, finance, marketing, management, small business development, or the non-profit sector.