The Networking Specialties Certificate degree program is designed to address the needs of businesses and organizations within the local community. The field of Information Technology is growing regionally, and the need for certified technicians is advancing at a rapid rate. This course of study will provide the advanced training required to install, configure, and operate simple routed LANs and WANs, and to sit for the CiscoTM Certified Network Associate(CCNA) certification. The program also provides the essential knowledge and skills required for employment in the Networking portion of the Information Technology Field.
The student will gain knowledge of switched LAN Emulation networks made up of CiscoTM equipment. The program is a focused coverage of CiscoTM router configuration procedures, which will be mapped to the exam objectives and prepare you for Cisco Exam 640-802 or for Cisco Exam 640-822 and 640-816. This program will also provide students with the knowledge to implement security on network devices, design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot wireless, as well as, design campus and enterprise network infrastructures. These courses will be mapped to the exam objectives for the CCNA: Security, CCNA: Wireless, and CCDS certification exams.
Students completing the Networking Specialties Certificate in Computer Network Engineering will:
- Understand technical focused aspects of semi-advanced security features to secure data and network communications.
- Develop the necessary understanding and hands-on skills to create and maintain basic Virtualized Cloud-based VM networks.
- Develop knowledge and hands-on skills of specialized aspects of networks, going deeper into CCNA focused security, wireless networks, voice and data hybrid networks, and effective approaches to creating well-designed networks.
- Develop the necessary communication skills to be able to coordinate and work on a team project, learn how to troubleshoot logical and design errors along with technical errors, and be able to provide clear and effective documentation of a project to aid future work such as maintenance and upgrades.
- Possess the necessary knowledge and experience to sit for the industry recognized core CCNA and three CCNA specialization certifications.